11. Which one of the following statements about a Bill for Amendment of the Constitution of India is not correct?
a. It is governed by Article 368(2) of the Constitution of India.
b. Joint sitting can be resorted to for passing a Bill amending the Constitution of India.
c. The State Legislatures cannot initiate any Bill or proposal for amendment of the Constitution of India.
d. The previous sanction of the President to India is not required for introducing any Bill in the Parliament for amendment of the Constitution of India.
There is no provisions for holding a joint sitting of the two houses for the purpose of deliberation and passage of Constitution amendment Bill
12. Which one of the following methods is followed in electing the President of India?
a. Proportional Representation only
b. First-Past-the –Post System only
c. Proportional Representation and the Single Transferable Vote System.
d. Proportional Representation and the First-Past-the –Post System.
13. From among the following Mahajanapadas, identify the gana/ sangha (oligarchy)
Explanation: Among the sixteen Mahajanapadas, two followed the Gana–Sangha Rule (Oligarchy): Vajji and Malla.
14. The provision for separate electorate for Muslims was given in
a. Morley-Minto Reforms, 1909
b. Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms, 1919
c. Communal Award, 1932
d. Government of India Act, 1935
Explanation: Indian Councils Act of 1909 / Morley- Minto Reforms is introduced a system of communal Representation for Muslims by accepting the concept of Separate Electorate. Under this , Muslim members were to be elected only by Muslim voters. Thus, the act ‘ Legalised communalism’ and Lord Minto came to be known as Father of Communal Electorate.
15. Which of the following was/ were the founder member(s) of Hindustan Socialist Republican Army established in September, 1928?
1. Bhagat Singh
3. Ajoy Ghosh
4. Phanindranath Ghosh
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
a. 1 only
b. 2 and 3 only
c. 1,2 and 3 only
d. 1,2,3 and 4
Explanation: Phanindra Nath Ghosh , who had become a government approver which led to hanging of Bhagat Singh , Sukhdev and Rajguru
16. Who among the following did not belong to the group of ‘No-Changers’?
a. M.A. Ansari
b. Vithalbhai Patel
c. Chakravarti Rejagopalachari
d. Kasthuri Ranga Iyengar
Those advocating council entry into legislative councils came to be known as the Swarajists , while the other school of thought led by C. Rajagopalachari , Vallabhbhai Patel , Rajendra Prasad and M.A. Ansari came to be known as the ‘ No Changers’. The No changers opposed the council entry , advocated concentration on constructive work, etc.,.
17. The headquarters of Ghadar Movement / Party were at
a. San Francisco
b. Stanford University
The Ghadr party was a revolutionary group organised around a weekly newspaper The Ghadr with its Headquarters at San Francisco and branches along with US Coast and in the Far East. The important leaders of Ghadr Party were Lala Hardayal , Ramachandra , Bhagwan Singh , Kartar Singh Saraba , Barkatullah , and Bhai Parmanand. Komagata Maru incident was related to the The Ghadr Party.
18. Which one of the following pairs of Newspaper and Editor is not correctly matched?
a. Navjivan Mahatma Gandhi
b. Mahratta Bal Gangadhar Tilak
c. Bengalee Surendranath Banerjea
d. Voice of India Gopal Krishna Gokhale
Explanation : Voice of India is related to Dadabhai Naoroji
19. Which one of the following was not included in the terms and conditions of Subsidiary Alliance system of Lord Wellesley?
a. The British would protect their ally
b. The ally was free to enter into agreements with other rulers or engage in warfare.
c. In the territory of the ally, a British armed contingent would be stationed.
d. The ally would have to provide resourced for the maintenance of the British armed contingent.
Explanation: According to the Treaty, agreed parties could not employ any other foreign nationals other than English in his service. And, if he were employing any, on the signing of the alliance, he had to terminate them from his service. The idea was to curb the influence of the French.
20. Which one of the following is an exhaustible but renewable natural resource?
a. Solar energy
b. Water in usable condition
d. Landscape in its natural condition